How to create a positive workplace environment
Imagine waking up in the morning, filled with genuine excitement for the day ahead, even on a weekday as you prepare to head to work.
Happiness has a profound impact on our mood, performance, and overall quality of life.
“95% of people who are thriving at work, report being treated with respect all day, and 87% report smiling and laughing a lot.”– Gallup, State of the Global Workplace: 2022 Report
As business owners or employees we are lacking positive aspects in our work.
Finding inspiration and confronting challenges, such as a stressful workplace, lack of communication, and insufficient appreciation, often lead people to leave their jobs.
In fact, research shows that sixty-six percent of millennials actively seek job changes every two years in their quest for a workplace that empowers and engages them.
60% of people are emotionally detached at work and 19% are miserable
Building a positive work environment is hard work but we have a few tips on how you could do it.
Create a positive, happy workplace for you and your employees.
- Implement positivity – start with positive behaviours, respect, and a positive attitude and lead your team by example.
- Encourage open communication – where it feels comfortable sharing ideas, concerns, and feedback.
- Recognize and appreciate achievements – acknowledge and celebrate the achievements and contributions.
- Adapt work-life balance – with flexible work arrangements when possible, breaks and vacations, and respect boundaries between work and personal life.
- Support professional growth and development – for skill development, training, and career advancement.
- Prioritise well-being – implement wellness programs, activities, or initiatives that support well-being.
Seek help elsewhere
This is a list of New Zealand organisations that can help you integrate wellbeing in your company.
- Workplace Wellness – developing a wellbeing culture and strategy that meets your company criteria
- Mindfi – integrated and community-driven program
- Resilience Retreats – Wellness Retreats
- Mental Health Foundation – guide and resources provide organisations with the tools to create a culture that enhances and protects people’s mental health.
- Row – innovative programs, data-driven insights, and expert support
“The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity.”– Tom Peters
Register for your free 30-minute offloading session
Our free 30-minute offloading session is an opportunity for you to offload what’s holding you back, areas of business support you’d like more information on, and we’ll give you no obligation advice on next steps to help you on your way in achieving your business goals.
Interested to see how we can help?