Top Tools for Effective Management as a Business Owner
Business administration tools simplify, automate, and optimise administrative tasks, leading to increased efficiency and enhanced productivity.
77% of the high-performing companies use project management software regularly.A study conducted by PWC
Getting familiar with modern tools takes some time but they are worth investing time into in the long run.
We change our tools and then our tools change us.Jeff Bezos
This is a list of important tools which may help you navigate your day and stay on track with your team, clients and projects.
Tools to use to manage your days as a business owner:
- Project Management Tools
Helps you plan, organise, track tasks and projects.
Free Project Management Tools:
- Accounting Software
Simplify your financial management and automate bookkeeping and invoicing.
- Xero – best to use for small and medium-sized businesses. Run your business from anywhere with instant visibility of your financial position.
- QuickBooks – accounting software and solution. Keep track of financial functions such as income and expenses.
- FreshBooks – accounting software, online accounting and invoicing service designed for solo business owners, freelancers and sole proprietors.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
Allows you to manage customer interactions, track leads, and streamline sales processes.
- Salesforce – helps your marketing, sales, commerce, service, and IT teams work as one from anywhere.
- HubSpot – connects everything scaling companies need to deliver a best-in-class customer experience into one place. Organise, score, and track your leads and customers across hubs.
- Zoho – brings your sales, marketing, and customer support activities together, and streamline your processes, policies, and people in one platform. Best for startups and small businesses.
- Human Resources Management Tools
These software solutions help in managing and optimising the daily human resources tasks and processes in your organisation.
- BambooHR – is for small and medium-sized businesses that handles everything from employee onboarding to performance reviews.
- Zenefits: offers a comprehensive set of HR features, including hiring, onboarding, employee benefits, and performance management.
- Workday – provides human capital management, payroll, financial management, and analytics applications.
- Communication and Collaboration Tools
These tools help you communicate effectively with your team and clients.
- Zoom: known for its video conferencing capabilities has expanded to include messaging, file sharing, and collaboration features…
- Microsoft Teams: platform that combines chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration.
- Slack: team collaboration tool that enables real-time messaging, file sharing, and integration with other business applications.
- Time Tracking Tools
These software solutions and applications help you and your business monitor the amount of time spent on tasks, projects or by employees.
- Document Management and File Sharing
Enables secure storage and easy access to important business files and documents from anywhere.
- Email Marketing Tools
Helps you design and automate email campaigns, manage subscriber lists, and track email engagement.
- Mailchimp – offers a range of features for creating, sending, and analysing email campaigns. Is suitable for businesses of all sizes and levels of email marketing expertise.
- Mailerlite is an easy-to-use email marketing tool that focuses on simplicity and affordability. Popular in small to mid-sized businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Constant Contact – comprehensive email marketing platform that provides a wide range of features, including customisable templates, contact management, automation, event registration, and surveys.
- Analytics and Reporting Tools
Provides insights into business performance, website traffic, customer behaviour, and marketing campaigns.
- Google Analytics – web analytics tool that provides valuable insights into website traffic, user behaviour, and marketing effectiveness. You can optimise your website, marketing campaigns, and overall digital strategy.
- Tableau – data visualisation and business intelligence tool that helps users analyse and present data in visually engaging ways. It allows businesses to create interactive dashboards, charts, and reports, making complex data understandable and actionable.
- Microsoft Power BI – analytics tool that transforms data into interactive visualisations and reports. It connects to various data sources, cleanses and transforms data, and offers real-time dashboards and analytics.
- Social Media Management Tools
Simplifies social media marketing, allowing you to schedule posts, manage multiple platforms and monitor performance.
- Hootsuite – helps businesses manage and schedule posts across multiple social media platforms from a single dashboard. It offers features like content curation, social media listening, analytics, and team collaboration.
- Buffer – social media scheduling and analytics tool that allows businesses to plan, create, and schedule posts across various social media platforms. Helps businesses maintain a consistent presence.
- Sprout Social – comprehensive social media management and analytics platform. It provides features for scheduling posts, engaging with followers, monitoring brand mentions, and analysing social media performance.
You cannot mandate productivity, you must provide the tools to let people become their best.Steve Jobs
Register for your free 30-minute offloading session
Our free 30-minute offloading session is an opportunity for you to offload what’s holding you back, areas of business support you’d like more information on, and we’ll give you no obligation advice on next steps to help you on your way in achieving your business goals.
Interested to see how we can help?